.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

lots of news lots of news

Wow. So much has happened since my last post that I couldn't even attempt to write this update on my mobile email. The buttons are too small.

Ok, so I had my birthday 2 weeks ago. What I didn't mention earlier is that my auntie was found dead in her laundry three days before my birthday. It was strange. We weren't that close - we hadn't spoken for the last 3 or 4 years, but she's still my dad's sister. She's also left her 24 year old daughter essentially alone, to raise her own twins by herself, as there's no father on the scene there either. Her funeral is tomorrow, 19 days after she died. That's another story all on it's own. I'm not going to the funeral as it's in Lincoln, and I can't afford the flight home at the moment. It's sad, but I'm quite ok with not going, as it's going to be quite a stressfull day. My dad's family doesn't do funerals (or much else) well when there's other people involved. I can almost garuntee that there'll be at least 1 major argument before the afternoon's out.

Then there was Steve Irwin and Peter Brock. What a shock! I'm still at a loss there. A kid was interviewed on tv, and he said it pretty well when he mentioned that he thought that Steve died from a Croc attack. But when it was said that he died due to a sting by a stingray, it just doesn't make sense. I didn't even know that Peter Brock had died until mum called me and mentioned it to me. But, like many have said (including my senior pastor), they both died doing what they loved, and probably wouldn't have had it any other way.

And then, out of the blue, stuff has started going wrong with my car. I'm lending it to a friend tomorrow while I'm away at a work conference, so she's taking it to the mechanic's for me, but hopefully it's not to exxy. It's probably a brakes thing, so it probably will be a little on the pricey side unfortuately.

Tomorrow I'm heading to Melbourne for 3 days for a work conference. It's going to be my first trip to Melbourne, so I'm slightly excited. Then, I get back just in time on Saturday to go to the Boy from Oz (with Hugh Jackman!). It's going to be a huge weekend.

Also, I've updated my profile pic, as you've probably noticed. New haircut = new picture! I was going to add some more pics, but the blogger uploader seems to be on the blink. Next time.

Well I think my next student is here, so until next time!!!

and how could I forget this - GO THE CROWS!!!! YEAH!

Comments:
Wow. What an amazing update.

Sounds like there's a lot more to be told about what happened behind the scenes.

I hope the mechanic has a nice surprise for you. Cars can be such expensive beasts can't they?

I'm looking forward to introducing my family to you when we visit Sydney next month.

By the way, have you seen the pics on my blog from Saturday night when we were hanging out with a couple of friends?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home