.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, January 12, 2006

I'm back ... pt 2

New years was great. We were planning on going camping, but heavy rain was predicted, so we hung out with the "more mature folk" and the kids out at a farm. It was great, catching up with more people at the same time...

My brother and his friends had fun with an air cannon, glow sticks, and their brand new 125 motorbikes (new toys)...but that's another story!

On the monday, my mum took me for a drive to see where the bushfires went through a year ago. It took us over 3 hours to cover the area that the fire destroyed in just over an hour. It was incredible. I got out of the car at Wanilla forrest, and it smelled as if a fire had just been through. I can only imagine what it must have been like even a month after the fires. The trees and undergrowth are all growing back. The regenerative power of the Australian bush is incredible. God's handiwork never ceases to amaze me :) The large gum trees are even growing new leaves - but not on branches! Instead, the trunk and limbs are covered in all these tiny green leaves - it makes look like a forrest full of green dancing people!

Mum went back to work the day after our trip, and so our house was then full of kids. Only one of them was irritating - but mum had him every day!!!

I spent the next week hanging out with my brother and his friends, as they also had time off. We didn't do much - swam in friends' pools, went out for coffee, or watched DVD's. Usually they were my brother's choice, so we ended up watching stuff like Scary Movie 3 or Jackass Series 1. If you like to laugh and feel sick at the same time, Jackass is for you :)

I sang an item - Relient K's "I Celebrate the Day" - on Christmas Day at church, but I didn't tell them that I would still be around for the sunday morning service on the 8th...so I had the morning off, which was nice. It was a good thing that they didn't get me to sing - I didn't know any of the songs!

And then it was off to the airport. I made all my flights - just - and had to pay an extra $35 in excess luggage...regional airlines have a limit of 14kgs...how can you pack for 2 weeks (with christmas presents) and not go over 14kgs? My hair/makeup case weighs 7kgs all by itself!

And so ends the story of my holiday.
I still wish I was on holidays....work is just....so....um....not like being on holiday!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home