.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm Back! (holidays pt 1)

I know I said that I was going to try and post while I was away...but hey! I didn't even catch up with most of my friends! Yeah, I know. I'm really slack. But, I decided that I was going to have a holiday, and if people wanted to catch up with me, they could. I made a few exceptions for elderly friends who can't get out of the house, or for my friends who invited me around for dinner, but for the most part, I hung out with my family. Camping (well, delivering pizza's, potatoes and spud cannons to the campers), surfing (really just jumping around trying not to get dumped by the quite large waves...) and sleeping in. Not to mention realising how addicted I am to Su Doku! (how sad is that!)

I think in the two weeks I was home, we averaged at least one DVD a day for the first week, sometimes even two per day. The second week I ventured out of the house more, as the weather was slightly nicer - except for the rain on new years!

Yes, you read that correctly....while my adopted home of Sydney was sweltering in 48 degree heat (my friend had birds falling out of trees - dead!), we cancelled our planned camping trip due to the predicted 2 inches of rain - which we got. It's strange to be woken up in summer by rain!

My flight to Lincoln was quite eventful, so here are the "highlights":
- Flight from Sydney to Adelaide delayed by 2 1/2 hours
- Therefore, I missed my connecting flight from Adelaide to Pt Lincoln
- Both flights were on Qantas, so they put me up in a hotel overnight
- Restaurant at hotel wasn't serving food due to Christmas party
- Ordered Pizza @ Qantas' expense
- Woke up @ 4:30am with food poisoning from take away
- Nearly missed taxi to airport (my expense...soon to be reimbursed by Qantas)
- Got to the airport @ 5:30 as requested by Qantas, only to wait 30mins before check-in opened
- Going through security, was randomly selected to be screened for explosives...
- Arrived 7:30am in Pt Lincoln, a whole 12 hours after I had intended to arrive....

Christmas was great, spent the afternoon with all of my cousins on mum's side - for the first time in around 7 years. All of my cousins are at least 10 years younger than me, so I ended up hanging out with the grown ups :) Then we had christmas dinner with a lot of my friends at my old youth leader's house - which was great - it's always handy to catch up with lots of people at a time.

to be continued...

wow, Paula. . sounds like you had fun! 48 degree heat?!!! no wonder the birdies were dropping dead!!! oi!!

I can't fathom January being hot! then again its pretty warm here for mid winter. . 9 degrees here today! its unnatural. . it should be more like -20!!!
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home