.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

random ramblings for today

I watched Grey's Anatomy last night. And yes, I did end up crying my little eyes out. The first thing my co-worker and I discussed this morning was the show. I was quite distressed about the whole thing. I know that it's not real, but I have a terrible habit of personalising things. These were some of my (very random) thoughts: "How would I feel if I was Izzy? But they've only been engaged for all of an hour! I love her dress (OK, slightly superficial there). How sweet - a TV romance without any sex involved" (FYI - Yes, I did cry when watching Maggie's (Blue Heelers) funeral, and also when Mitch (All Saints) died....even though I'd known for AGES that was coming as he's my friend's cousin....) What a horribly tragic way to end the series! And what a perfect song to use?

I'd heard Snow Patrol's "Chasing Cars" before, but I never heard it the way I heard it last night. Does that make sense? I hope so. I think that song will, for me, be associated with that particular episode of one of my favourite shows for a long time to come. I'm just annoyed that I can't download it to my phone as "the fantastic company otherwise known as 3 mobile" (can you hear my sarcasm?) still don't have anything by Snow Patrol. They have Bob Evans (which makes me happy!), but no Snow Patrol.

My parents arrive on Tuesday next week for a week's "holiday" with me. My parents dislike Sydney - they were even seriously considering heading off to Fiji afterwards to recover! I wish I could head off to Fiji for a week. I can't believe that it's been more than a year since we were in Fiji. Wow - time flies!

We had Pat Mesiti preach at church on Sunday night. It's good to have Pat back.

Yesterday because of a malfunctioning car, I decided to take a different train into the city - the one that's a 5 minute walk from my house, instead of a 10 minute drive. - with the possibility of making it a permanent change. That change is definitely not going to happen. The train not only takes 30 minutes longer to get there, it's also more expensive! $10.40 for a return peak-hour ticket is a bit steep. It's still quicker for me to drive to the other train and drive home again than be inconvenienced by time and price.

I'm teaching a series on Prayer at the moment in our connect group. It's a study put out by the "Women of Faith" movement in the USA, and the study is called "Adventurous Prayer". It's a fantastic study, and more than a little challenging. So far we've learnt that 1) God has asked us to pray to Him, and 2) We can boldly approach him with our prayers. Last night was chapter 3 - where we studied the Lord's Prayer (Matt 6 & Luke 11), and how it works as a guideline to prayer. It's all very good.

I'm involved in auditions for our Christmas Choir at the moment, which is also exciting. It's looking to be a more traditional production this year. My friends have written the play, so I'm looking forward to seeing how it all goes.

OK I think I'm all randomed out for now - Oh - how could I forget! Australia was ROBBED by Ireland in the International Rules game on Sunday afternoon. One goal and an over in the last few seconds of the game. Well at least they actually played well and didn't try to win by other means (and yes, I am referring to the Italian Diving Team..!)

Till next time then!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home