.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

What a Day!

So it's been a while...a long while! So much has happened, yet I have so little time to write about it....so here are the highlights:

um...

Oh! Intensifire Conference was last weekend (11-14), and it went OFF! Benny Perez and Mike Guglielmucci didn't make it - Benny was sick and Mike broke some bones in his face walking into a door (!), so Dave & Tim Hall from Adelaide (YEAH South Aussie's to the rescue!) came over and looked after thursday and friday of the conference. Then, Ps Chris Hill (TD Jake's Youth Pastor) took the last 4 sessions of the conference. Chris mentioned that he NEVER does 4 sessions in a row, so we were very blessed to have that opportunity.

Ps Tim Hall also spoke at the 6 & 8 pm meetings at church on the weekend, in which God continued to move powerfully.

I had the opportunity to sing at the 7pm meetings on Thursday night (David Hall) and Saturday night (Chris Hill), and also at the 6 & 8pm (Tim Hall) on Sunday night. Needless to say, they were quite huge meetings, and therefore I have exhausted my vocal capabilities! Apparently I sound quite....interesting....on the phone!

All of my connect group girls were really blessed over the duration of Intensire, which in turn blessed me....I guess that's the heart of a leader :)

Term 4 has kicked back into gear, and that means I'm back teaching at LSCA. However my teaching roster has dramatically decreased, with only 2 of my four students returning. I was expecting 1 not to return, as I'd been quite hard on her - 10 weeks with no improvement is a bit frustrating, especially when you know WHY there's no improvement...! But the second student who's not returning was a surprise, as she was doing really well. Oh well. I guess this happens.

Last night at Connect group, we were talking about what we had recieved at Intensifire. I mentioned to the girls that because of the anointing that we had recieved during Intensifire, that the enemy would be on our case to discourage us...little did I think that I'd be speaking to my self!

This morning as I was getting ready for work, my flatmate knocked on my door and asked if I'd been to my car this morning, as my boot was open. Some kind person had popped my boot open on my car and proceeded to take all of the CD's that I had in my car, including my CD wallet, which contained my mp3 collection, podcasts, audio sermons, etc. All up there's around $600 worth of stuff that was taken. What a way to start the day hey? And boy, did I have to work hard at keeping a good attitude - I'm still working on it now, some 12 hours later.

I even found a nice church to go and sit, pray, meditate in during lunch so that I kept my attitude right.

Whoever it was left their fork in my car - they must have had time for a little food while they were stealing my collection of CHRISTIAN CD's!!!

These are the CD's that I know have been taken:
Shawn McDonald - Simply Nothing
Robbie Seay Band - Better Days (how ironic)
Brooke Fraser - What to Do With Daylight
Nathan Tasker - Must be More (personally signed by Nathan & Band)
Bethany Dillon - Imagination
Planet Shakers - Arise
Planet Shakers - Pick it Up
Mercy Me - Coming Up To Breathe
United - United We Stand
DC Talk - Jesus Freak
Various - Rocketown:5
Youth Alive WA - Shout Your Glory
Liverpool CLC - Various rehearsal & parts CD's
Adam Lester - Alone (this really bites, as it's a rare CD)

Plus all of my stuff from iTunes that of course, wasn't backed up....

There's more, but at the moment that's all I can think of...

So I guess that's it for now...

Oh - RANDY - Im' really sorry that we didn't get to meet while you were in Sydney. I was "working" even longer hours at Intensifire than I do at my real job! I'll take a raincheck though?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home