.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, May 20, 2005

Star Wars : Epiosode III

Well I've seen it. And at the normal hour of 8pm on a thursday night, too.

I loved it.

I think that Episode III was the only episode that I've seen at a "real" cinema; Episode II was seen at a country cinema, which means small(er) screen and not so good sound.

I'm not sure what I was expecting, but when I heard a fighter plane coming up BEHIND me, I must admit - I was alert, but not alarmed! I loved it. There wasn't much dialogue - I mean, you know what's going to happen anyway - they could have mimed and it would have made sense! The "intense negotiations" (ref: Ep II) were spectacular.

Even as Anakin turned to the dark side, I still felt for him. Inside, I was going "NO!!!! The power of good is ALWAYS stronger than that of evil - it's just that it's easier to be bad..."

I'm going to have to get Episodes 4, 5 & 6 on DVD now, so that I can remember how it all works out.

One flaw that a friend of mine pointed out: Padme (sp?) dies soon after childbirth, right? Apparently in a later episode, someone asks (possibly Vader/Anakin) Leia if she remembers her mother, and Leia comments that she was always sad. Sad? She was dead... I suggested to my friend (in all defence of Lord Lucas!) that possibly her adopted mother was sad, knowing what happened to Leia's parents...

And re the sabers - I thought the "baddies" had red sabers....but Anakin's was always blue, even at the end when he was Vader?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home