.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, January 24, 2005

a new job?

I don't know how many of you know, but I currently work at my church in Liverpool. Over the past few months, I've been contemplating looking for a new job, one which would provide a little more "financial freedom" than the job I currently have.

I've been offered a job with a company who manufacture & maintain roller doors & shutters, as their "secretary/receptionist". Once you look at the job description you realise that it's more "Office Manager/Accounts" than secretary, but the pay is also almost twice what I'm currently receiving.

So now is the dilemma: I weigh up the pro's and con's, and it all leans alarmingly toward the new job...however I'm scared out of my brain! The level of responsibility is one that I've never had, and pretty much if I don't do the job right, the company will suffer greatly. But then maybe I'm scared because i'm like a baby bird getting pushed out of the nest to test her wings?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home