.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 14, 2005

phantom of the opera

OH MY GOSH!!

All my life, I'd heard about the musical "The Phantom of the Opera". I knew most of the songs, but I never knew the story, or even the bones of what it was about.

Well all that came to an end last night, when I went with a group of friends to go and see the movie version of the musical. I was awestruck.

Now I want to go and see the real thing, but I'd need to go to London's West End to be able to do that!

I'm still trying NOT to sing the songs out loud!

My favourite Phantom song had always been "Music of the Night", after seeing it superbly performed by one of "The Four Kinsmen" (I think it was Scott?). His version has haunted me for years. But now, I think "That's all I ask of you" is coming close to taking over! At the moment, I have both songs in my head, but they're merging with each other to become one song - one line of the first song, another line of the second!

I think "That's All I Ask of You" would be an amazing song for the bridal waltz at my wedding (whenever that happens!!).



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home