.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Marcos Witt

Ok, I'm converted.

Until this weekend, I'd never heard of Marcos Witt.* (All my Spanish friends, please don't kill me!)

I'd heard him "explained" as the South American "Darlene", but even that didn't even sit with me...until Saturday night. I arrived at church at 5pm for sound check, and there were already people lining up in the car park waiting to get in. There were lines for all 4 sunday services, and even for last night's meeting with Marcos.

I think we had probably an additional 4 churches in all our meetings over the weekend...and, well, put it this way - if you didn't speak spanish, then you were the minority!

It was Marcos' first visit to Australia, and his fans were out in force. His merchandise (CD's, books, etc) are very hard to come by in Australia, and he sold out of everything in the first meeting.

Marcos preached in all 6 meetings, and also taught us some new songs. That was interesting in itself. Marcos didn't teach the CM team the songs in rehearsal - he taught them to us live on stage. We were learning along with the congregation, although most people in the church knew the songs better than we did! The songs we did were BEAUTIFUL! Simple, but totally God-focussed. The worship was incredible. We even learnt one chorus in Spanish, and I managed to sing it in Spanish! (Don't ask me to remember it now though! My mind is still asleep!)

Last night after the meeting, Marcos met and prayed with anyone who wanted to meet him or have him pray for them. I was with some guys from Hillsong, and we were last in line. I think we left church pretty much at Midnight. (ooh...midnight on Halloween!!!) And I was so awake that I didn't get to sleep until 2am!!! Needless to say, I'm a bit slow at work today!

Anyway, hopefully Marcos will be back, and soon!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A bit of background on Marcos: He has released approximately 20 albums, sold over 7 million albums, many of which have gone at LEAST platinum, he has won 2 Grammy awards, and is currently nominated for his third. Marcos has established a Bible College for Worship Leaders that currently has over 3000 students. He also owns his own record label, Canzion, and speaks all over the world - he receives 100 invitations to speak EVERY WEEK.!!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

* Both websites linked here are in spanish...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home