.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, April 11, 2005

[AFL] What a game!

NB: If you're an NRL supporter, this post is not for you :)

From hismethod.com:
"- Adelaide Crows: The Crows are scavengers, known for their vulture-like behaviour, a metaphor more akin to death than the "giver of life".
"- Port Adelaide Power: In Mark 5:30 Jesus says "At once Jesus realized that power had gone out from him." He never said He wanted it back."

Well Bruce, they may be "scavengers", but but the Power seemed to have left Port as the MIGHTY CROWS gave them the flogging they deserve!

I was shocked to flick to channel 9 on sunday afternoon to discover that they were showing "Showdown XVII" - otherwise known as Adelaide v Pt Adelaide @ AAMI Stadium...and so my Sunday afternoon was planned for me!

Because I live in Sydney, or NRL territory, I was pleasantly surprised that channel 9 had seen the light, and decided to show this fantastic game between the two South Australian sides.

And what made it even better? Probably the fact that we pretty much doubled their score for the whole game - they'd kick a goal, we'd kick two.

How much better can a sunday afternoon be?

FINAL SCORE:
..................Q1...........Q2.............Q3................Q4
Crows.....3.2 (20).....9.5 (59).....13.13 (91).....18.16 (124)
Port.........1.1 (7)......5.2 (32).......7.5 (47).........8.8 (56)

Comments:
I watched some of the game too Paula. The crows spanked the power, which I must admit I didn't mind too much at all!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home