.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, January 28, 2005

well then!

Tuesday night I headed off to the Third Day & Audio Adrenaline concert at the Hillsong Convention Centre.
All I can say is WOW.

I'd never seen either of them live before, and next time they come to Australia, I'm there - with bells on.

Rookie was great as the supporting act - they've really improved since my band played a show with them back in 2002. It was great to see them and catch up.

The boys asked me to come along to the Australia Day show as well, but I'd already made plans to go to the fireworks at parramatta park - Bummer! From what I've heard, it was a great show. Audio A didn't play - a band called "Day of Fire" (label-mates of Third Day) played instead.

I just love the hearts of the guys in Third Day - for them, it's not a concert, it's church, and they treat us that way - even to the point where they say "c'mon church, let's worship God!". I think a lot of bands can learn from the example of Third Day.

As for the fireworks on Australia Day....they were preceeded by a concert that included John English, Bjorn Again (they were FANTASTIC!) and Vanessa Amarosi. I would have been happy if Vanessa decided not to go on....over an hour or predominantly covers is pretty tiresome....especially when the program's running almost 1/2 hour late - and the compere was Scott Cain (from Popstars "fame"). So the fireworks started, and they were great...until an ember landed in my eye, 5 minutes into the display. At first I thought it was a bug, but then my friend realised that I had ash all over my top and my bag that was near my head....so off to the St John's tent...where they proceeded to drown me in saline, and then patch up my eye. I think I looked like I was slightly inebriated...it's hard to walk on uneven ground at night with only one eye!

So now I'm recovering from burns to my shoulders, and also to one eye...my Senior Pastor's told me that I'm not allowed to leave my house again - it's too dangerous for me to be outside! haha.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home