.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Music review - ish

One of the advantages of working in a Christian Bookstore is that you have access to the latest Christian Book and Music releases. One of the disadvantages of working in a Christian Bookstore is that you have access to the latest Christian Book and Music releases :)
Lately i realised that I have a STACK of cd's that I haven't listened to, and books that I haven't read - all have been purchased since i started working at Word! So, i'm going to attempt to not buy anything new until i've worked through what i've already bought - except for the new Delirious album :)
So...i've just started listening to Jars of Clay's 'Good Monsters' - which i purchased in october last year. I've had the occasional listen since then, but i'm actually giving each song a proper listen now. The album is Great! Much better than I thought on first listen. There are the radio singles that everyone knows, but there was one song that i'd only heard in passing - until this week. That song was track 7: 'Oh My God'.
The first time i really listened to that track, i was on the train coming home from work. It was all i could do to not cry on the train while listening to that song. I played it to a friend last night, and her response was 'that's crazy good!'
I cannot do that song any justice by trying to explain it in a blog post - and i can't post a link to the song because i'm blogging from my phone. So hit up iTunes or even your local Christian Bookstore and listen - really listen - to 'Oh My God', track 7 on Jars' 'Good Monsters'.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home