.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

An Evening with Harry Connick Jr and his Big Band


Last night I went and saw Harry Connick Jr at the Sydney Opera House with some friends. We were the front row in a box next to the stage, which meant that we were about 4 metres from Harry - we were able to hear most of the off-mike banter, which was quite entertaining. He even made a point of speaking to our box and even at one point climbed up onto a speaker to pass some birthday cake to a girl sitting behind us! (It was the birthday of one of the band members). Harry and Lucien (a special guest and a fantastic part of the concert) were at one point running around the stage with no shoes on, and ended up doing a dance which basically consisted of them wiggling their backsides at the audience. Needless to say, it was a fantastic night. I wanted to pack up my bags then and there and head off to New Orleans. 
And the music! Wow - it was a stage full of pure talent. 
The 2 hours FLEW by. I could have easily 'coped' with another 2 :)

Comments:
Sounds like a brilliant night.

He's playing an outdoor concert in King's Park, Perth, this Sunday night. I might just have to have a picnic nearby and listen to the music. :)
 
I'm glad you had such a wonderful time! Sounds like you had great seats, too.

Would you allow me to repost your blog as a "fan review" of Harry's Sydney concert on the FanSpace I run, located at www.myspace.com/HarryConnickJrFanSpace?

I would greatly appreciate the permission.

Hugs,

~FanSpace Heather~

P.S. Feel free to browse around the FanSpace. You don't need to be a member of the MySpace community to enjoy most of the FanSpace's features! :]
 
Post a Comment



<< Home