.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hello Winter!

I know, I know. I'm a day late. Seems like that's been the case with everything lately :)

I love winter - I love being warm inside, while it's freezing cold, raining, and blowing a gale outside.

My friends think I'm crazy for liking winter, but I figure - it's always easier to get warm than it is to cool down.

Now it just has to rain. Sydney's water reserves are only 40% full, and even the farmers near my home town in SA are facing the possibility of no crops this year. That hasn't happened for longer than I've been alive.

But then again:

2 Chronicles 7:11-16 (NLT)

The LORDs Response to Solomon
11So Solomon finished building the Temple of the LORD, as well as the royal palace. He completed everything he had planned to do. 12Then one night the LORD appeared to Solomon and said, "I have heard your prayer and have chosen this Temple as the place for making sacrifices. 13At times I might shut up the heavens so that no rain falls, or I might command locusts to devour your crops, or I might send plagues among you. 14Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and heal their land. 15I will listen to every prayer made in this place, 16for I have chosen this Temple and set it apart to be my home forever. My eyes and my heart will always be here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home